Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Couple of Tie Trivia!

Let’s get into some more tie trivia this week... they say there are about eighty five different ways to knot a tie that is of normal length. Imagine that and I thought it was more like some five kinds of knots. Ties evolved within the last hundred years during the time of Louis XIV. King Louis as we all know with his wife was all for fashion. Though the wigs used in those times were really awful don’t you think? To think that the tie persevered into our wardrobes even today despite it not having any function at all in our attire is amazing. Wanna know where I got this trivia from? The Belisi Fashions ties site. There is some interesting information there and also a display of many ties.

Anyway, if you are like me and clueless, here is an easy way out. I stumbled on some great you tube clips on how to tie the Windsor knot and the Victorian knot. You tube and eBay just took information dissemination to explosive levels, don’t you think? I’m planning to take some guitar lessons by watching you tube now. Wish me luck!

No comments: