Thursday, December 6, 2007

Caring for ties

So while we are still on the topic of ties, there is one fact I want to share with you. The information I share is sure to be of some use to you. How do you keep your ties looking good as new for years? It is not difficult at all. Whether you have a silk tie, a satin tie, a polyester tie, or a cotton tie, a few pointers need to be kept in mind and you are set to have your grandson wearing your tie to his graduation party. The key to maintaining your tie is proper washing and storage. While silk ties need the minimum maintenance, cotton and polyester ties are the most easily washable. I would suggest that you wash your tie only if you must and in that case, dry-cleaning is the best bet. I normally spot clean my ties when they are stained, This prevents the other parts of the tie from getting exposed to any detergent. As far as storage is concerned, ties should be kept in a dry place away from any excessive heat sources.

I have come across a link on the site of that company I had spoken about – Belisi Fashions. There are some good ties listed on this site, but of more use to me were the maintenance tips I found there. Here is the link guys -
http://www.belisi.com/fashiontips/tipCategory.aspx?id=49&CID=1.

Just follow the tips mentioned on this site and your tie will love you.

1 comment:

shawn adams said...

Thank you Jeff, for all the tips on maintenance of ties. I did visit the site recommended by you and found some more useful information.
My father has a tie which I would like to know more about.
This is made of a highly textured yarn in shades of beige and light brown. The yarn is uneven, giving the tie an interesting texture. How do I clean it without damaging it? I have never seen such a tie before!