Monday, December 3, 2007

How to strut your stuff in a tie

Hells Bells! Nothing like a well designed tie to create that dapper look. I don’t know about you, but I love my tie. This ‘noose’ does something for my confidence. I for one wear a tie almost everywhere…of course not to the game, but just about everywhere else - to the workplace as office wear, or the party. But I make sure to wear the absolutely right tie. Call me a perfectionist, but if there is one thing that gets under my skin, it is a mismatched tie. Please guys it does not take a genius to get the combination right. You would not wear a brown tie with a blue shirt, would you??? Or may be you would. I have seen people with weirder pairings. Of course, the tie is supposed to complement the shirt but there should be a sense of matching. I would go for a tie in the same color as the shirt, only having a different shade. Also, you would never go wrong with a plain tie over a striped shirt or the other way round. And please, I repeat PLEASE, if you have any respect for your fellow human beings, wear the right color for the occasion. I guess what got me into this tie matching frenzy is what one crass individual wore for my sales felicitation 4 years ago. He had the gall to wear an orange tie. It stung my eyes to see that bright color in front of me when I went to receive the award from Matthew Bernstien, our Director. The function was a strictly black tie event. So, here’s another TIP TO BE FOLLOWED – keep all your loud colorful ties for your wedding, for a serious occasion please wear a black tie or a pure white one. Enough for now. I will be back with more tips. Meanwhile, check this link for more interesting information.

No comments: